Believe it or not, but I can name more pairings that I want to never happen than pairings that I want to happen. I like to think that I’m better at recognising pairings that are just terrible than those that sound possible but that’s probably because I am a bitter and lonely person. Want to know some of my NOTPs? Well, here you go:
- BatCat (A.K.A. my ultimate NOTP because I hate them as a couple)
- Batman/Robin (Robin is a child. Why would you pair him with his adult guardian? Especially when Robin is Damian Wayne because that makes it incest and paedophilia.)
- Any of the Batboys with each other (adopted or not, brothers are brothers)
- Jarley (do I need to explain this? although, there were written to be a notp)
- Thorki (this should be obvious too)
- SuperWonder (why would Lois be thrown aside like this? for Clark to be in a chemistry-less romantic relationship with one of his best friends? give me a break)
- Johnlock (this is some queerbating garbage)
Want to know the worst part of those NOTPs? One of them is canon. And the reason why I stopped reading comics. No points for guessing which one it is.
I have exactly one ship and it has always been cemented in canon because that’s how it was written to be. If you know me, you’ll know that I’m talking about Clois. I tend to go with what canon says depending on whether the characters have good enough chemistry so I don’t really regard them as “ships” because they’re supposed to be together anyway. There are obviously two exceptions to that. The first one is obviously the ship which will now never be named and never spoken of on this blog ever again, and the other is SuperWonder, which was actually canon at one time. It’s not anymore, thank God, but it was. That was an awful time.
Don’t laugh and don’t judge, but self-shipping is something that I do. Self-shipping is basically where you ship yourself with a fictional character. Some people think that’s it weird, but I really don’t care. I get a lot of comfort from reading reader-insert fics whenever I’m feeling sad or anxious and it’s not something that I can really put into words. Not to make this post sad or sound like I’m begging for sympathy, but I don’t leave me house very often. I don’t know how to socialise both in the real world and online and other people make me extremely nervous. If making up an OC that is basically me but never writing about them and instead reading what other people have written makes me feel comforted and more at ease when I’m alone, than so be it. I can fantasise about being married to Bruce Wayne if I want to; it doesn’t hurt anybody. it’s probably the reason why i dislike catwoman so much, but let’s not talk about that.