Day 8 – What is the biggest lesson you’ve learned as a blogger? I’ve learnt quite a few things during my time as a blogger, but the biggest lesson that I’m still paying attention to is this:Want people to read your blog? Make sure they know that you exist. You aren’t going to get any readers if those potential readers don’t even know that your blog exists, so you’ve got to share links to your posts, and leave those comments. And also, there are some methods of getting more followers that aren’t always going to work (i.e. hosting a giveaway because some people might unfollow you everywhere once the giveaway is over). If you want people to come to your blog, you’ve got to work at it.Other things I’ve learnt:
- Don’t compare yourself to other bloggers
- Stats aren’t everything
- It isn’t the end of the world if you didn’t post anything in that one week
- Try to not review everything that you read
- If you don’t feel like blogging or reading, then don’t force yourself to
- Make sure you get organised
- Use your social networks!
- It’s okay to say no
And most importantly: life comes first. If everything that’s going on with your life suddenly gets too overwhelming for you to sit and run a blog, take a break and wait for things to calm down first. The last thing you want to do is make yourself ill from worrying about a multitude of things at once.
What lessons have you learnt as a blogger?