10 Books with Red, White, and Blue Covers 🇬🇧

It’s almost the Fourth of July!

I don’t celebrate it, because I’m British, but I hope that everyone who does has a good time and stays safe around barbecues and fireworks 🎇 (and don’t forget to drink responsibly and legally if you do drink)

We don’t have a national day or an independence day in the UK (and anybody who tries to celebrate our “independence” from the EU will be hunted down by me) for reasons that are incredibly obvious to everyone but the British school system (*cough*colonialism*cough*), but our flag is the same three colours as the US flag, and the prompt was for books that match your country’s flag, and because my country is unoriginal, I have to stick with red, white, and blue.

Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld | Lois Lane: Fallout by Gwenda Bond | Dracula by Bram Stoker

The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas | Uglies by Scott Westerfeld | Stitching Snow by R.C. Lewis

The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black | Cinder by Marissa Meyer | Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the University by Benjamin Alire Sáenz | These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner

What are the colours of your country’s flag? Are they different, or are they unoriginal like every one that has a red/white/blue flag?

Louise

Louise is a bookworm, writer, and aspiring librarian from the North East of England. When she’s not reading or procrastinating writing, she can be found dreaming up story ideas, watching anime, movies, or trashy reality TV, and annoying her pets.

Find me on: Web | Twitter

17 Comments

1. 03/07/2018 / 12:53 PM

Great list! Agreed, the idea of us leaving the EU being our ‘independence day’ is ridiculous. Bloody Farage. On to much nicer things, though, this is a very good selection of books – I need to get to The Hate U Give soon!
    Jess @ Jessticulates recently posted…Top Ten Tuesday | USA TBRMy Profile

• 05/07/2018 / 1:38 AM

There are so many awful things I could say about Farage, but they’re not appropriate to say here 😂

• 04/07/2018 / 7:10 PM

Fireworks are so fun! Although on my side of the pond we won’t get any until November. THUG and Ari and Dante are definitely two of my favourite covers 🙂

2. 04/07/2018 / 12:45 AM

I didn’t do one this week, but I like how you did separate colour categories for your books.

• 04/07/2018 / 6:58 PM

I figured splitting them up was the better way since I couldn’t find many with all three colours on at the same time 🙂

3. 04/07/2018 / 11:37 PM

Aristotle & Dante has one of my favorite covers ever. I’m sad that my copy has award stickers all over it. I’m glad that the book has won so many awards, but stickers are evil. I want to see the cover.
    Aj @ Read All The Things! recently posted…Top Ten Tuesday: USA! (In Book Photos)My Profile

• 05/07/2018 / 1:40 AM

The ton of stickers on the covers makes me sad too. A beautiful cover like that shouldn’t be covered up!

4. 09/07/2018 / 9:33 PM

I was really pleased by how much I liked the Lois Lane story – I need to continue the series. 🙂

Lauren @ Always Me

• 28/07/2018 / 2:32 PM

You should! It’s such a great series 🙂

5. 19/07/2018 / 8:06 PM

Louise, your blog will soon be added to our Actually Autistic Blogs List (anautismobserver.wordpress.com). Please click on the “How do you want your blog listed?” link at the top of that site to customize your blog’s description on the list.
    Thank you.
    Judy (An Autism Observer)

• 28/07/2018 / 2:17 PM

That is usually the case with a few former colonies, unfortunately. But at least some of them gave themselves new flags after decolonisation (i think).