Wahh, it’s the last day of January already 😱 The passage of time is truly terrifying, friends.
Anywho, in case the title of this post didn’t give it away, I finally moved to WordPress! I have been wanting to do this for years but, like most things in my life, my chronic lack of money has held me back. Thankfully, I discovered that free hosting does exist, and although I had to bite my tongue when it came to registering under a subdomain, I’m still glad that I made the decision to move.
Mostly the move has been pretty smooth other than the necessary retagging and recategorising because my blog is the only thing in my life that must be organised. But one thing that has completely thrown me off is that I’ve lost a buttload of comments because both Disqus and Blogger are butts who refuse to work with one another. Disqus used to be able to sync with Blogger once upon a time but it doesn’t anymore so all of my comments that weren’t done with Blogger’s default comment system are stuck in Disqus and I can’t get them out for the time being. Naturally, it’s stressing me the crap out but I didn’t want to be on a blog hiatus for much longer because I’m itching to get back to writing posts. I’ll be trying my hardest to get them back but it involves a lot of coding that I don’t fully understand so I just have to be patient. And that’s not easy because I can be very impatient.
Other than moving blog platforms, January has been a relatively quiet month for me. I went back to my exercise classes, which I’m happy to have done, but I still have yet to drag my butt to the gym to do my own workouts. And that’s kind of bad because I can literally walk to my gym and I’m just lazy.
I haven’t done a lot of reading this month, but I have watched a lot of anime, which I haven’t done in such a long time. Oh, and I spent almost all of my money on Korean skincare and I keep adding new things to my YesStyle wishlist constantly.
I also went to Liverpool! My dad had a meeting just outside of the city and after that, we took a mini Beatles tour of our own which was pretty fun. I’m not a mega-fan of The Beatles (mainly because i think wings were better) but I did like going in the shops there and seeing things. Plus I got the kind of patches that I prefer to sew because iron-on patches are an absolute nightmare to sew by hand.
- The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater – – I miss Gansey already.
- Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection ‘F’ – Hearing Goku say things like “hell”, “damn”, and “crap” is so weird because back when I watched DBZ on Toonami in the early 00’s, everything on TV was sort of runoff from the 90’s, when you couldn’t put any allusions to religion in anything aimed at children, and that includes saying things like damn. They used to call Hell “HFIL”, which stands for “Home for Infinite Losers”. Yeah. Anyway, I’m so used to Linda Young’s Frieza that I actually miss her now. But I’ve got huge mixed feelings, just like with Battle of Gods, and I don’t know if I’m going to bother watching Dragon Ball Super since I’ve heard a few things that I’m not happy about.
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine – Netflix UK finally got off their butts and put up season 4. Almost a year after I binge-watched the first three seasons. And I watched all of season 4 in one sitting so now I have to wait again for season 5.
- American Horror Story: Hotel – This was not a good season.
- American Horror Story: Roanoke – Hmm.. (i’ve also run out of ahs to watch because cult won’t be on netflix until october. wah.)
- Death Note – Light Yagami’s an asshole.
- Fruits Basket – This anime would have been so much better if it was closer to the manga and if there wasn’t so much drama behind the scenes.
- Ouran High School Host Club – Something’s telling me that the end of the manga is different so of course, I have to read it now.
- Vampire Knight – The dub voice cast is so hit or miss, like some are great and then others are just awkward. At least the vampire lore is interesting.
Batman: Nightwalker by Marie Lu – I’m so glad that the edition I got matches my copy of Wonder Woman 😍 Now I just have to wait a million years for the Superman book because I don’t care for Catwoman or Sarah J Maas. #notsorry
Dragon Ball vol. 13-16 by Akira Toriyama – Book Depository is a butt for sending these out in the wrong order 😾
Figure out how to get my comments back: If I didn’t already make it clear, I’m very upset about losing my comments. They’re still all there in Disqus so there must be some way to get them back and I’m so determined to figure out how.
Post more often: I barely posted at all in January because I was so caught up with moving the blog over and getting everything ready
and then panicking over losing my comments but now I’m really in the mood to start posting again. Get my old bullet points back: On Blogger I replaced the default bullet points with little star images that I got from DeviantArt and it was simple enough to do, but on WordPress, it’s so much more complicated. Every time I put the code in it works fine, but when I go to save it won’t let me, and I have no idea why. Obviously, I’m determined to get it to work because I don’t want boring old regular bullet points I want my little stars. I managed to solve this pretty quickly! It turns out I was putting the code in the wrong place. D’oh.