hello! i’m louise
I’m a 20-something MA graduate from North East England who has a passion for books and movies. I read and watch pretty much every genre under the sun because it’s one of the only things I’m not picky about. And I’m picky about a lot of things. My passion for books has always been there since I’ve been reading since an incredibly early age and was usually a reading level or two above my classmates at school. Not that I’m bragging about it. Even though I’ve fallen away from reading a few times throughout my childhood, I started to pick it up properly again when I was eleven and made my school library a second home.
As well as books, I also love TV shows, especially those that are animated, and video games, which I’ve also enjoyed since a very young age. Everything I do in my life is because I started doing it a long time ago #funfact.
When I’m not reading, I can be found buying more books, watching movies, playing video games, tweeting everything that pops into my head, or annoying my pets.
random useless facts
- I was born on Mary Shelley’s 198th birthday.
- I often make GIFs for this blog and for other people to use.
- I was taught how to read at age 2.
- My favourite colour is blue.
- I have a dog called Max and two cats called Charlie and Penny.
- I don’t know what my MBTI type thingy is because I’m too impatient to finish the whole test.
- I have a Masters Degree in English.
- I was diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder in 2017.
- I don’t like tea.
- I refer to everyone on the internet as ‘friend’. You reading this, you’re now a friend.
- I’m a Virgo, my birthday is August 30, and I was born in the year of the pig.
- I’m a Girl Guide Leader.
- I could probably kick your butt as Simpsons Scene It.
- I have a
hugebit of a crush on Spike Spiegel. I don’t care that he isn’t real.
- My great-uncle was a children’s author.
- I change my avatar all the time because I’m indecisive, don’t like using photos of myself, and can’t draw.
a few favourites
📚 Favourite books: Leviathan, Uglies, Nineteen Eighty-Four, Frankenstein, Dracula, To Kill a Mockingbird, Fruits Basket, Dragon Ball, Lois Lane series, The Raven Cycle.
🎥 Favourite movies: The Godfather, Tarzan, Man of Steel, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Sleeping Beauty, Only Lovers Left Alive, Alien, Monsters Inc, The Aristocats.
📺 Favourite TV shows: The Simpsons, Futurama, Ren and Stimpy, SpongeBob SquarePants, Cowboy Bebop, RuPaul’s Drag Race, Dexter, The IT Crowd, Dragon Ball Z, The Muppet Show, Star Trek, Sailor Moon, Osomatsu-san.
🎧 Favourite music: Smashing Pumpkins, Nine Inch Nails, Madonna, Björk, Lana Del Rey, U2, Beck, System of a Down, Nirvana, Everclear, Death Grips, Grimes, Kyary Pamyu Pamyu, Red Hot Chili Peppers.
about the blog
Exploring by Starlight was started in September 2011, and has since undergone two name changes since then. Although this book has a primary focus on books, I often will talk about movies and TV shows, and also anything else that I feel like rambling about, such as video games. I also occasionally make giant posts of GIFs that I have made myself and are available for other people to use.
While I do aim to have a casual feel to this blog, I also aim to post at least three times a week, and maybe more if I feel like it or have enough posts. And no, I will not stop using emojis in my post titles.